By Murray Gell-Mann,Constantino Tsallis
Read Online or Download Nonextensive Entropy: Interdisciplinary Applications (Santa Fe Institute Studies on the Sciences of Complexity) PDF
Similar system theory books
An exceptional number of complicated phenomena in lots of medical fields express power-law habit, reflecting a hierarchical or fractal constitution. lots of those phenomena appear to be at risk of description utilizing techniques drawn from thermodynamics or statistical mechanics, really techniques concerning the maximization of entropy and of Boltzmann-Gibbs statistical mechanics and conventional legislation in a average approach.
This e-book information the research of continuing- and discrete-time dynamical platforms defined through differential and distinction equations respectively. Differential geometry offers the instruments for this, resembling first-integrals or orbital symmetries, including basic different types of vector fields and of maps.
The idea of linear damped oscillations was once initially constructed greater than hundred years in the past and continues to be of significant learn curiosity to engineers, mathematicians and physicists alike. This idea performs a critical position in explaining the soundness of mechanical buildings in civil engineering, however it additionally has functions in different fields equivalent to electric community structures and quantum mechanics.
This publication comprises unique study chapters on the topic of the interdisciplinary box of complicated networks spanning organic and environmental networks, social, technological, and monetary networks. Many traditional phenomena might be modeled as networks the place nodes are the primitive compounds and hyperlinks signify their interactions, similarities, or distances of types.
- Mathematical Modelling of the Cell Cycle Stress Response (Springer Theses)
- Control of Linear Parameter Varying Systems with Applications
- Optimierung: Wie man aus allem das Beste macht (Technik im Fokus) (German Edition)
- Mathematical Control Theory I: Nonlinear and Hybrid Control Systems: 1 (Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences)
- The Innovation Butterfly: Managing Emergent Opportunities and Risks During Distributed Innovation (Understanding Complex Systems)
- Breakdown in Traffic Networks: Fundamentals of Transportation Science
Additional info for Nonextensive Entropy: Interdisciplinary Applications (Santa Fe Institute Studies on the Sciences of Complexity)
Nonextensive Entropy: Interdisciplinary Applications (Santa Fe Institute Studies on the Sciences of Complexity) by Murray Gell-Mann,Constantino Tsallis